Video is the most powerful way for customers to provide real, human feedback. It’s deep in meaning, rich in context and emotionally engaging, which is why it is becoming such an import element of Market Research and Customer Experience.
Voxpopme is the market leading provider of video feedback capture and analytics. Our video technology helps brands to see the people behind the data, driving customer-centric decisions through engaging video research.
We have experienced some truly amazing growth over the last four years. Our disruptive, innovative and fast-paced approach has seen us double revenue year on year and open offices across North America, Australia and most recently, our second UK office in London.
We are always looking for great people who want to grow in a fast-paced and dynamic organisation. We currently have an opportunity for a Front-end Engineer to join our UK team.
We are looking for a Front-end Developer, preferably with AngularJS experience to be responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a web application, with a focus on performance and quality.
Your main duties will include creating modules and components, coupling them together into a functional app. The artistic design will be delivered to you, but we will ask for your help with animations, CSS, and final HTML output. You will work in a team with Back-end Developers to communicate with the API using standard methods, DevOps for integration with a full CI/CD process and receive the direction from the CTO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering a complete front-end application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Cooperating with the back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
- Working closely with the other front-end developers in the team
- Working with the creative team
- Having input into the UI/UX of the platform bringing ideas to process and end-user experience
- Communicating with external web services
Skills and Qualifications
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, regarding the app logic as well as the file system
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor (or a well-reasoned alternative)
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments